Yellowquill College / Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
Educational Assistant for Mature 12 Program
Youth Mentorship Positions
Position Summary: The position of the Educational Assistant shall provide teacher/student assistance in the assigned classes to the students of Mature Grade 12 program. The Educational Assistant shall report directly to the Instructor. The Educational Assistant shall perform the instructional duties and responsibilities associated with the assistance in delivery of all classes.
The Educational Assistant shall:
- Provide instructional assistance in classes for courses as assigned. This can include individual and group instruction.
- Assist with registering students and provide advice on class selections as necessary.
- Assist with submission of attendance reports, marks, and other reports as necessary, such as incident and progress reports to the Mature 12 Program Coordinator and the Director of the College.
- Help maintain an inventory of all instructional materials and equipment for each class taught and kept in office or other secure location.
- Assist Instructor in the following areas: keeping track of attendance, calling students as necessary, photocopying and filing.
- Provide and perform other duties as may be assigned in carrying out the functions as an Educational Assistant.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 preferred; post secondary education is a definite asset
- Previous experience working with Indigenous adults preferred.
- Completion of Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- A valid Manitoba Class 5 drivers license and reliable vehicle would be an asset
- Understand and speak the Dakota language would be considered an asset.
- Must be between the ages of 18 – 29 years
Letter of Application and resume with three references can be submitted to:
Employment & Training
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
Griswold, Man. R0M 0S0
Closing date: Thursday, October 26, 2017
Interview date: Monday, October 30, 2017
Start date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017