SIOUX VALLEY HEALTH CENTRE
COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE – 1 FULL TIME POSITION
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for delivering public and community health services for the Sioux Valley Health Centre. The Community Health Nurse will work in cooperation with the Executive Director of Health Services and the Nurse in Charge in implementation of public and community health programs.
- Ensure all mandatory health programs are delivered to the community according to established procedures, guidelines and applicable legislation.
- Assist in the planning of effective approaches to community health program delivery
- Conduct school/home visits as required
- Attend health related meetings as required
- Provide Home and Community Care nursing coverage
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM)
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree or Registered Nurse with minimum three years of Community Health experience. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Must be knowledgeable of Federal and Provincial Health Systems.
- Clear Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry Checks (Current Checks or proof of application for checks must be submitted with Application).
- Knowledge of community cultural customs, traditions and language would be an asset
- Computer Skill required; working knowledge of MS Office software,
- Valid Drivers License & access to a vehicle
(Complete terms of reference available at the SVDN Health Centre.)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: EXTENDED TO FRIDAY MARCH 23, 2018 4:00 pm
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO: HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2671 FAX: 204-855-2544