SIOUX VALLEY DAYCARE CENTRE
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (ECE) II WORKERS – 1 FULL TIME POSITION
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for meeting the educational requirements of the Day Care Centre Program. These positions work under the supervision of the Director of the Day Care Centre.
- Adhering to applicable Day Care Policy & Procedures.
- Adhere to confidentiality agreement with regards to all information obtained at the Day Care Centre.
- Provide support to child and parent/caregiver upon arrival.
- Provide supervision and care of children attending the Day Care Centre (develop and implement daily activities: stories, songs, play, music, physical fitness, and outings).
- Maintain daily attendance reports.
- Maintain daily written reports on children including special need requirements, incident reports, participation and progress reports, providing information to parents and Supervisor
- Follow Health & Safety Regulations and procedures for all activities, ie. monthly fire drills, and attendance at activities away from the Day Care
- Follow the curriculum incorporating Dakota/First Nation Culture and language in all activities.
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment, ie. toys, books, and supplies are sorted and put away at the end of each day.
- Model appropriate techniques & explain to parent/caregivers when necessary.
- Ensure toddlers in pampers are checked and changed regularly.
- Prepare purchase order requests for program material/supplies and submit to the Program Director.
- Assist the Director with administrative tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Early Childhood Education Certificate II (or in the process of obtaining).
- Experience in working with children (ages 0-5) and families
- Good communication skills (written & oral)
- Clear Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry Checks (Current Checks or proof of application for checks must be submitted with Application).
- First Aid and Infant CPR Certification
- Computer Skill required
- Valid Drivers License
- 3 written references must be included with resume
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 24, 2017 (Noon)
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO: EVELYN PRATT
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38, GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2671 FAX: 204-855-2544