The Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Government is seeking applications for the position of
Cultural/Traditional Parenting Worker
FOR DAKOTA TIWAHE SERVICES INC.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Government, pursuant to the Self-Government Agreements with Canada and the Province of Manitoba are undertaking the jurisdiction of Child and Family Services. The Dakota Tiwahe Services Inc. has been developed to address the need for protecting Sioux Valley Dakota Nation families and children. The Cultural Parent Worker will provide support to the Dakota Tiwahe Services Inc.
- Minimum Grade 12 Education
- Minimum of 2 years working with children and families
- Cultural knowledge of the Dakota customs and traditions
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Valid Manitoba drivers license and reliable vehicle
- Subject to Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
Salary: Based on qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 18, 2018 12:00pm
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS WITH REFERENCES TO:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPT.
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2671 FAX: 204-855-2544
EMAIL: [email protected]
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.