The Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Government is seeking applications for the positions of
2 Prevention Workers
FOR DAKOTA TIWAHE SERVICES INC.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Government, pursuant to the Self-Government Agreements with Canada and the Province of Manitoba are undertaking the jurisdiction of Child and Family Services. The Dakota Tiwahe Services Inc. has been developed to address the need for protecting Sioux Valley Dakota Nation families and children. The Prevention Worker will provide support to the clientele of Dakota Tiwahe Services Inc.
- Minimum Grade 12 Education with at least 2 years experience in the Social Services field
- Demonstrated knowledge of collateral services/community resources and how to access
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Minimum of 2 years working with children and families
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule
- Valid Manitoba drivers license and reliable vehicle
- Subject to Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
Salary: Based on qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 18, 2018 12:00pm
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS WITH REFERENCES TO:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPT.
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2671 FAX: 204-855-2544
EMAIL: [email protected]
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.