OYATE CHISTINAPIDA DAYCARE
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (ECE) II WORKER – 1 FULL TIME POSITION
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for meeting the educational requirements of the Day Care Centre Program. These positions work under the supervision of the Director of the Day Care Centre. Job requires full empathy and passion for children in the infancy stage
- Adhering to applicable Day Care Policy & Procedures.
- Adhere to confidentiality agreement with regards to all information obtained at the Day Care Centre.
- Provide support to child and parent/caregiver upon arrival.
- Provide supervision and care of children attending the Day Care Centre (develop and implement daily activities: stories, songs, play, music, physical fitness, and outings).
- Maintain daily attendance reports.
- Maintain daily written reports on children including special need requirements, incident reports, participation and progress reports, providing information to parents and Supervisor
- Follow Health & Safety Regulations and procedures for all activities, ie. monthly fire drills, and attendance at activities away from the Day Care
- Follow the curriculum incorporating Dakota/First Nation Culture and language in all activities.
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment, ie. toys, books, and supplies are sorted and put away at the end of each day.
- Model appropriate techniques & explain to parent/caregivers when necessary.
- Ensuring all basic needs for Infant Care is performed and adhered to on a daily basis.
- Prepare purchase order requests for program material/supplies and submit to the Program Director.
- Assist the Director with administrative tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Early Childhood Education Certificate II (or in the process of obtaining).
- Experience in working with children in an Infant Care capacity
- Good communication skills (written & oral)
- Clear Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry Checks (Current Checks or proof of application for checks must be submitted with Application).
- First Aid and Infant CPR Certification upon application
- Computer Skill required
- Valid Drivers License
- 3 written references must be included with resume
APPLICATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY MAY 30, 2018 12:00pm
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO: HUMAN RESOURCES
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38, GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2671 FAX: 204-855-2544