The Field Services Technician is the face of DakotaNet and requires excellent customer service skills paired with technical ability. The position requires completing customer installations, service visits, on-site troubleshooting, and recovery of equipment. Work is performed on site at customer locations both with a physical aspect of installing Internet equipment, as well as a technical portion of updating databases.
- Perform site surveys for potential customers to evaluate serviceability.
- Diagnose customer problems at basic service calls and restore functional service to existing customers.
- Install Residential customers with Internet service, which includes mounting equipment at roof height, running Cat5-E cable from outside to the customer’s
- Configure routers and customer computers for access to Internet services.
- Perform equipment upgrades for existing customers when new towers are installed or upgraded.
- Must be professional in dress, speech, and manner.
- Ability to work independently, using sound judgement principles.
- Must be able to safely use ladders and be comfortable working on roofs and running cables to different parts of a building.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions every day.
- Must demonstrate accountability in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, high-change environment while managing multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Must demonstrate a desire to learn, supported with a love for technology Education/Experience
A high school diploma is preferred, field experience preferred and a background in wireless Internet is highly valued. A valid driver’s license is preferred, with access to a vehicle an asset
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY DECEMBER 28, 2018 12:00 PM
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO: ATTN: JODY BONE
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2671 FAX: 204-855-2544