Date: August 1, 2018
Close Date: August 24, 2018
Apply To: Director, Dakota Oyate Lodge
Shift Details: 12 hr and 8 hr shifts—Weekday/Weekends/Holidays may include Days, Nights & Evenings
- Active practicing membership with the CRNM, CRPNM, CLPNM
- Three (3) years previous nursing experience
- Current BLS within the past 12 months or BLS Instructor Certificate
- Must be competent with Windows based programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing theory and nursing practice
- Evidence of continuing education and professional development
- Evidence of ability to work independently
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in the use of a resident centered approach to care giving
- Advanced level of written and oral communication skills
- Ability to make decisions in the co-ordination and management of resident care
- Ability to meet the physical and mental health needs Long Term Care residents
- Ability to supervise the clinical practice of allied nursing personnel
- Ability to perform proper body mechanics related to lifting, turning and transferring residents.
- Ability to react positively within a constant changing environment
- Ability to prioritize, and re-prioritize in a highly stressful, quick moving environment
- Ability to perform duties of the position on a regular basis
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Previous experience in a Long-Term Care environment
- Current non-violent crisis intervention certificate
- Demonstrated competence in resident teaching.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, Child and Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. In order to be considered for the position all applicants must submit a current resume with their application form.
Please include three work related references with this application. They must be from persons who are not related to you, and who have direct knowledge of your past work performance. Upon being considered for employment, your signature or electronic submission of this application form is your authorization for the Dakota Oyate Lodge to complete said reference checks.
We thank all applicants that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.