SVDN HEALTH CENTER UPDATE:
Precautions for household members (e.g. caregivers, family, roommates) to prevent transmission to others in the home
For caregivers of an individual affected by COVID-19, it is important to take appropriate steps to protect yourself and others in the home environment from contracting COVID-19.
• Perform Regular hand hygiene. The ill person and the household members should perform hand hygiene regularly.
• Practice good respiratory etiquette followed by hand hygiene.
• Limit the number of caregivers. Ideally, the ill person should be able to care for themselves. Caregiving within 2 meters of the ill person should be limited to one person.
• Prevent exposure to contaminated items and surfaces. Do not use personal items that belong to the affected member such as toothbrushes, towels, washcloths, bed linen, cigarettes, unwashed eating utensils, drinks, phones, computers, or other electronic devices. The lid of the toilet should be down before flushing to prevent contamination of the environment.
• Frequent cleaning and disinfecting. High-touch areas such as toilets, bedside tables and door handles should be cleaned daily using a store bought disinfectant, or if not available, a diluted bleach solution1 (0.5% sodium hypochlorite) or regular household cleaners
• Disposing of waste. All used disposable contaminated items should be placed in a lined container before disposing of them with other household waste.
• Use precautions when doing laundry. Contaminated laundry should be placed into a laundry bag or basket with a plastic liner and should not be shaken. Gloves and a surgical/procedure mask should be worn when in direct contact with contaminated laundry. Clothing and linens belonging to the ill person can be washed together with other laundry, using regular laundry soap and hot water (60-90°C). Laundry should be thoroughly dried. Hand hygiene should be performed after handling contaminated laundry and after removing gloves. If the laundry container comes in contact with contaminated laundry, it can be disinfected using a store bought disinfectant, or if not available, a diluted bleach solution (0.5% sodium hypochlorite, see above).
1 – Diluted bleach solution of one part bleach with nine parts water.
Please see the CRA video which walks you through creating an account.
Easter Delivery will take place on Thursday, April 9, 2020 all day. Please make sure someone can come outside to retrieve the Easter Delivery as we will not be leaving our vehicles. Thank You