The Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Government is seeking applications for the position of
FOR DAKOTA TIWAHE SERVICES INC.
Purpose of the Position:
The Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Government, pursuant to the Self-Government Agreements with Canada and the Province of Manitoba are undertaking the jurisdiction of Child and Family Services. The Dakota Tiwahe Services Inc. has been developed to address the need for protecting Sioux Valley Dakota Nation families and children. The Executive Director will be responsible for directing the development of the Dakota Tiwahe Services Inc., recognizing the historical deficiencies in the current Child Welfare System. A phased in approach involving the eventual passing of a Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Child and Family Services Law, with full jurisdiction including power and authority over its citizens and children will be achieved.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop a program that delivers child & family services programs reflecting the Dakota perspective, incorporating the Dakota language and culture, in a manner that focuses on maintaining the traditional family (tiwahe) units reinforcing traditional kinship roles and responsibilities. The same concept will be implemented for services offered to SVDN members residing outside of the community.
Scope of Work:
Reporting to the Board of Directors of the Dakota Tiwahe Services Inc., the Executive Director will:
- manage and administer all aspects of the operations of the Agency in a responsible, confidential and ethical manner, within relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- will ensure that all operations are conducted in a respectful and responsible way, ensuring that all decisions and actions meet the relevant policies and procedures.
- Manage all financial operations; ensuring compliance with Funding Agreements,
- Manage and supervise staff,
- Represent Dakota Tiwahe Services Inc. for the Board of Directors with other First Nation agencies, corporations, and other relevant external agencies.
- Ensure the effective implementation of other duties as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Social Work degree preferred, however other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Have a minimum of 5 years progressive experience in the field of child and
- Be thoroughly familiar with the relevant provincial/federal legislations,
regulations, and guidelines
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and adaptability to the culture, leadership and significant characteristics of the social structures of the Sioux Valley Dakota Nation.
- Hold a valid Class 5 driver’s license and a vehicle
Please send resume with covering letter and three (3) work related
Councillor Wilson Kennedy,
Chairman, Dakota Tiwahe Services Inc.
P.O. Box 38, Griswold, MB R0M 0S0
Fax: (204) 855-2544 • E-mail: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, June 16, 2017
View PDF version HERE