Recreation Coordinator Position
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation is seeking a qualified individual who is dynamic, resourceful and highly energetic to fill the position of Recreation Coordinator. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Reporting to the Health Director, the Recreation Coordinator will:
- Develop, coordinate, promote, facilitate and supervise the recreational and/or sporting activities for the Community members. These responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop recreation programming for the community, mainly the youth;
- Develop activity schedules as required;
- Supervise recreation activities for each group;
- Facilitate training, coaching for team activities as required;
- Prepare monthly written reports and summaries of program activities;
- Maintain inventory of sporting equipment;
- Inquire and identify recreational grants available to the First Nation Recreation Program for review by the Health Director; and
- Any other related duties that may be assigned.
- Previous experience in the delivery of recreation programming;
- CPR, First Aid is an asset;
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have strong leadership and organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours; and
- Must possess a valid Class 5 drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle
The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry.
SALARY: Based on qualifications and experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday September 7, 2017 at 4:30pm
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPT.
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2671 FAX: 204-855-2544
EMAIL: [email protected]