The Aboriginal Pre-Cadet Training Program (APTP) offers Canadian Aboriginal people from the ages of 19-29, the opportunity to get an inside look at the life of a police officer. This summer program provides the selected candidates with hands-on experience in the RCMP’s training program.
Those accepted into the program attend a three-week training program at the RCMP Training Academy (Depot) in Regina, from May 22 to June 9, 2017. The training focuses on teaching collaborative problem-solving skills, law enforcement, public speaking, cultural diversity and facilitating Safe Community Workshops in communities. There are also elements of physical fitness and drill which promote team work and provide students with long-term strategies to meet personal fitness goals.
The RCMP will provide transportation, meals, accommodation, uniform, and 3 weeks of training wages.
Basic requirements to apply:
- Be between 19-29 years of age
- Be of First Nation, Metis or Inuit descent
- Be a Canadian citizen
- Be of good character
- Be able to pass an enhanced reliability security check
- Be in good physical condition
- Possess a Canadian high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess valid Canadian driver’s license
For more information contact:
Cpl. Lester Houle Cpl. Rick Sinclair Cst. Gerri Beardy
(204) 984-8810 (204) 586-8474 (204) 984-1137