CASE MANAGER – HEALTH SERVICES DEPT.
JORDAN’S PRINCIPLE – CHILD FIRST INITIATIVE PROJECT
FULL TIME – ONE YEAR TERM POSITION
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of the newly funded Jordan’s Principle Child First Project is to implement a comprehensive and integrated approach of coordinated services to help provide support and respond to children with complex and special needs and their families, in partnership with other health and social professionals and agencies. These services should significantly contribute to quality of life ensuring that children, and their families are enabled to experience a life that is as full and as normal as possible.
- Providing a comprehensive community health service in conjunction with its health care team
- Provide supervision to the Child Development Workers, Assistant to the Case Manager and Respite Workers in the community to provide a model of service delivery for children with complex needs and their families.
- Provide elements in which services have a particular responsibility to take the lead in securing effective development, delivery and review of services.
- Recognize the deficits with service systems and the need to protect children through early intervention, sharing of information, effective co-ordination of services and appropriate training.
- Social Services Degree or Diploma; other combinations of Education and experience maybe considered.
- Supervisory and case management experience;
- Experience working in First Nation communities;
- Knowledge and respect of the Dakota culture and language.
- CPR and First Aide Certification;
- Clear Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry Checks (Current Checks or proof of application for checks must be submitted with Application).
- A highly motivated individual who is innovative and has a proven ability to work with a very high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and facilitation skills;
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills;
- Strong leadership, critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Valid Drivers License/vehicle requirement
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, AUGUST 25, 2017
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS WITH 3 WRITTEN REFERENCES TO:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPT.
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2671 FAX: 204-855-2544
EMAIL: [email protected]
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.