POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the performance of a variety of financial duties for the Dakota Valley Gas Mart. These positions will work under the supervision of the Financial Administrator of the Sioux Valley Finance Dept.
- Posting day’s receipts, filing & tallying deposits, coding, totalling, batching, entering verifying and reconciling transactions, such as accounts payable and receivable.
- Assist in payroll functions as required, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions and bank statements.
- Compilation of budget data and documents based on estimated revenues, expenses and previous budgets.
- Performance of related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Other duties assigned
- Certificate or Diploma in Accounting required
- Minimum (1) year working experience in accounting required.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Able to interpret and implement policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, confident, consistent, decisive personality.
- Valid Drivers License/Access to a vehicle
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY MAY 29, 2020 12:00PM
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS WITH REFERENCES TO:
JODY BONE – HUMAN RESOURCES
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2671 FAX: 204-855-2544
EMAIL: [email protected]
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.