EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR of SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA OYATE CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES AGENCY INC
Purpose of the Positon:
The Executive Director is responsible for the management, administration, and delivery of all Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Child and Family Services Agency Inc. programs and services in order to ensure that the needs of Sioux Valley Dakota Nation children and families are met in a responsible, effective, and efficient manner, and are in line with our Dakota cultural and spiritual practices.
Scope of Work:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will oversee all aspects of the operations of the Agency. The Executive Director will ensure that all operations are conducted in a respectful and responsible way, ensuring that all decisions and actions meet the relevant policies and procedures. The Executive Director will be responsible for all financial transactions, programs, and services that are created and implemented by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will be responsible for managing agency staff, and will act as liaison between other First Nation agencies, corporations, and other relevant external agencies. The Executive Director must provide records and documents to the relevant governments and agencies when requested. The Executive Director must also ensure that all business and operations are conducted in a responsible, confidential, and ethical manner.
- Manage all operations for Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Child and Family Services Agency Inc. by:
- Ensuring that all Agency operations are conducted within relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinating the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and programs.
- Manage financial operations by:
- Being familiar with funding requirements, financial legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Being familiar with financial policies and procedures.
- Coordinating the preparation of the annual budget and work plan.
- Being familiar with generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Reviewing all monthly financial statements and reports.
- Establishing and ensuring internal financial controls are in place.
- Manage and Supervise staff by:
- Recruiting, selecting, and managing staff with the Board, and directly supervising, evaluating, and delegating responsibility and authority to directors, assistant directors and managers based on an established organized structure.
- Ensuring that each staff member is evaluated as per the Personal Policy.
- Manage service planning, delivery and review by:
- Developing proposals for program funding.
- Ensuring program funds are expended appropriately.
- Establishing and maintaining program policies, procedures, and standards.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of programs and programs delivery.
- Ensure the effective implementation of other duties as determined by the Board of Directors.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a Master of Social Work degree (MSW) from an accredited University.
- Have a minimum of 5 years progressive experience in the field of child and family services.
- Be knowledgeable about the cultures and significant characteristics of the social structures of Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Child and Family Services Agency Inc.
- Have a minimum of 5 years proven experience in progressively responsible management/administration position in the field of child and family services.
- Hold a valid class 5 driver’s license and a vehicle.
- Be bondable.
The successful applicant will:
- Be thoroughly familiar with the relevant provincial/federal legislations, regulations, and guidelines.
- Be knowledgeable about the culture and significant characteristics of the social structures of Sioux Valley Dakota Oyate Child and Family Services Agency Inc.
- Be thoroughly familiar with existing series delivery policies and procedures as well as relevant SVDOCFS Agency Inc. Financial Management and Personnel Policies (re: funded areas of Services)
- Have a sound knowledge of the field and techniques used in the policy research/analysis.
- Have extensive knowledge of the range of methods and techniques that are employed in social work practices with children and families.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and adaptability to the culture, leadership, Elders advisory, and professional legal services of Sioux Valley Dakota Nation.
The Successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to:
- Relate effectively to and supervise staff as a diplomatic and flexible team player.
- Work effectively with the management and staff of other programs/agencies.
- Effectively plan, implement, monitor and evaluate programs and procedures.
- Effectively manage financial matters.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Implement good interpersonal relationships and human relations skills within the established governance structure of Sioux Valley Dakota Nation.
Please send resume with covering letter and three (3) work related references to:
Councillor Wilson Kennedy, Chairman SVDOCFS Agency Inc.
P.O. Box 2112
Email: [email protected]
Application Deadline: March 21, 2016