Sioux Valley Health Centre
Summary: The position for the Administrative Assistant shall be to provide general office and clerical support to Sioux Valley Health Centre. Work situations are fairly standard and regularly recurring interpersonal contacts extend to other outside agencies The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Health Director.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Health Director, Health Portfolio Holder, Health and Human Resources (staffing personnel).
- Travel to meetings and/or workshops as warranted.
- Provide for and establish a communication process with the Health Director, Health Portfolio Holder, Health and Human Resources (staffing personnel).
- Provide for and establish a process to ensure that all correspondence: i.e., quarterly/annual reports, required of Program Managers in Health are dealt with on a timely manner.
- Provide for and perform other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management or Program Manages in carrying out the functions as the Administrative Assistant.
- Arrange meetings with external organizations as required (i.e., DOTC, FNIH and DIAND etc.)
- When requested to do so, record and transcribe minutes of meetings
- Coordinate and secure travel arrangements for Health staff
- Supervise casual and summer Student Employment
- Ensure up-keep and maintenance of office equipment (computer, cellular)
- Update and maintain filing system within the Health Administration office.
- Order all office supplies for the Health Centre and ensure there are sufficient supplies on hand at all times.
- Provide support and /or make recommendations to service delivery of health programs
- Advises and provides reports on any potential incidents which may occur within the Sioux Valley Health Centre
- Other related duties
- Assists the Public Health Personnel and Support Staff as required from time to time.
- Administration Diploma or Certificate or two years proven experience in the administration field
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Must be knowledgeable in the Federal and Provincial health systems
- Must have valid Manitoba Drivers License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Must be subject to Criminal Records Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must be professional at all times
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times
- Knowledge of Dakota cultural customs, values and traditions
- Ability to understand and be fluent in the Dakota language would be an asset
- Must possess computer technical skills
- Must possess effective verbal/written communications skills
- Must be willing to respond to travel requirements deemed necessary for community health business
- Must abide and respect the Sioux Valley Dakota Nation policies and procedures
- Must maintain and utilize the Sioux Valley Dakota Nation equipment/assets in accordance to policies and procedures
- Be a team leader with Sioux Valley Health Centre at all times
- Negotiable pending on qualifications/experience and funding availability
Closing Date: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 12:00 NOON
Interview Date: To be determined
Start Date: To be determined
Submit resume’ with two references & a copy of Drivers License to:
Sioux Valley Health Centre
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
P.O. Box 38
Griswold, Man. R0M 0S0
ATTN: Marge Roscelli
** Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview