SVDN is looking to employ a full time Instructor for the Business Certificate Program. Applicants should have a strong background in Business and Adult Education field both academically and practically.
Job Title: Teaching Position for Business Certificate Program in Sioux Valley Dakota Nation, MB.
Reports to: Program Manager
Schedule: Full time position
Business Certificate program instructor will be responsible for the following:
- Teach theoretical and practical material as related to the curriculum under the guide lines of Business Certificate program.
- Assign, correct and evaluate student projects, exams and other program related materials
- Follow up with students to ensure successful academic achievement and progress
- Answer student questions and help them
- Ensure policies, regulations and class procedures are followed on campus and during any College activities;
- Create program reports for Director of Education.
- Contributing to the development of curriculum and instructional materials
- Candidate must have a Business and or Accounting degree or equivalent experience (5 years)
- Candidates must have an Adult Education Certificate or equivalent years’ experience
- Candidates are required to have no less than 5 years adult education experience
(Combinations of experience and education may be considered)
- Candidates must have knowledge/experience and education relevant to the program they are being engaged to instruct.
- Candidates must have training experience in MS Office Applications Accounting software
- Strong Organizational and Classroom management skills required
- Experience teaching culturally diverse and Indigenous adult learners.
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal)
- Able to work independently and in a multi-cultural collaborative team setting.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities
Employer has the right to decide if the candidate meets the qualifications requested and as such can waive requirements or conditions without limitations.
- Note: Candidates with Aboriginal Business experience willing to share their knowledge with adult learners are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send complete resumes and cover letters with references to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
PO Box 38
Griswold, Manitoba R0M 0S0
Phone: (204) 855-2671
Fax: (204) 855-2544
Email: [email protected]