POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the performance of a variety of financial duties from calculations to front desk customer service. These positions will work under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer of the Sioux Valley Dakota Nation Finance Dept.
- Posting day’s receipts, filing & tallying deposits, coding, totalling, batching, entering verifying and reconciling transactions, such as accounts payable and receivable.
- Assist in payroll functions as required, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions and bank statements.
- Compilation of budget data and documents based on estimated revenues, expenses and previous budgets.
- Performance of related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Certificate or Diploma in Accounting required
- Minimum (1) year working experience in accounting required.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Able to interpret and implement policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, confident, consistent, decisive personality.
- Valid Drivers License/Access to a vehicle
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY MARCH 6, 2020 12:00PM
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS WITH 3 REFERENCES TO:
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2760 FAX: 204-855-2131
EMAIL: [email protected]