POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for meeting the educational requirements of the Day Care Centre Program. This position reports directly to the Program Manager of the Day Care Centre.
- Adhering to applicable Day Care Policy & Procedures.
- Adhere to the confidentiality agreement with regards to all information obtained at the Day Care Centre.
- Provide support to child and parent/caregiver upon arrival.
- Provide supervision and care of children attending the Day Care Centre (develop and implement daily activities; stories, songs, play, music, physical fitness, and outings.)
- Maintain daily attendance reports.
- Maintain daily written reports on children including special need requirements (signs of learning disabilities or emotional problems), incident reports, participation and progress reports (advising parents/Program Manager of any problems).
- Follow Health & Safety Regulations and procedures for all activities, ie. Monthly fire drills, attendance at activities away from the Day Care Centre.
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment and supplies are sorted and put away at the end of each day.
- Respond to parent/guardian’s questions about their child’s development.
- Model appropriate techniques and explain to parent/caregivers when necessary.
- Ensure procedure for care of toddlers is strictly followed (ie. Regular pamper check and change).
- Prepare purchase order requests for program materials/supplies to the Program Director.
- Assist the Program Manager/Supervisor with administrative tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Early Childhood Education Certificate or equivalent Certificate/Diploma (or in the process of obtaining).
- Experience in working with children (ages 0-5) and families.
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral)
- Clear Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry Checks (Current Checks or proof of application for checks must be submitted with Application).
- First Aid and Infant CPR Certification
- Computer Skill required
- Valid drivers License
SALARY BASED ON EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: THURSDAY AUGUST 22, 2019
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO: ATTN: JODY BONE
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
SIOUX VALLEY DAKOTA NATION
P.O. BOX 38
GRISWOLD, MANITOBA R0M 0S0
PH: 204-855-2671 FAX: 204-855-2544